July 11th, 2016
Summertime is the best time to be in Don Mills. A variety of events and activities are coming up that you cannot miss out on. Have a blast taking part in any one of the particular standouts listed below.
1) Shops Music Series: When the TD Toronto Jazz Festival begins, rest assured not all the shows will be happening downtown. In fact, the festival puts on shows throughout Toronto, including the Shops at Don Mills. Catch free shows from 1pm-4pm on June 18th and 25th. Enjoy the music exclusively or let it soundtrack your shopping or dining experience.
2) Movies in the Square: Running bi-weekly from July 22nd to Aug 20th, pack your blanket and snacks and come enjoy a feature film out under the stars. Outdoor screenings are fun and free events that sweep across the city during the summer. The grassy town square at the CF Shops provides the perfect venue for a special evening like this. Films usually run from 7pm to 9pm.
3) Toronto Bicycle Tours – Toronto by Nature: Held on select days until Sept.25th, you can explore the true extent of Don Mills’ greenspace on an electric bicycle tour up the Don Valley Parkway. This tour route goes through the Toronto Botanical Garden, the Aga Khan Museum and ends at the CF Shops where food samples and art viewing awaits. Make a day of this exploratory experience and sign up for a tour on torontobicycletours.com
4) Toronto Botanical Gardens Farmer’s Market: Always well underway, the TBG Farmer’s Market runs all year round (it only moves indoors for the winter months). On Thursdays, from 2:00pm to 7:00pm, local food vendors congregate in the gardens to serve up and sell organic vegetables, fruits, meats, cheeses and other natural products. Everything a health-conscious shopper could ever want.
5) The Edwards Summer Music Series: Every Thursday evening, between June 23rd and Aug 25th, come enjoy a free concert in the Toronto Botanical Gardens. This concert series will offer a different style of music each week, from jazz to Celtic (just to name a few). The Garden Café patio will also be available for seating during the concerts along with local beer, wine and food service. Shows start a 7:00pm each week. Come early and get a good spot!
Come start your adventures in Don Mills today with a whole world of music, movies, food and nature at your whim.